Us — Aug 2011 — Being Added to Site
42.5 in. x 30.75 in.
work in progress:
mixed media: paint, paper, engraving, wood on wood
©Maureen Kelleher May 2008,2009
Detail image with engraved text. Back to gallery 2
Printed text on the work:
- To the world you are one person. To me you are the world.
- Something to do. Something to hope for. Somebody to love.
- The more I give you, the more I have. Both are infinite.
- Tell me who admires and loves you and I will tell you who you are.
- Where love rules, there is no will to power.
- Where heaven meets earth, I find you.
- What a grand thing, to be loved. Grander still: to love!
- Being deeply loved gives me strength. Loving somebody deeply gives me courage.
- Grow old with me. The best is yet to be.
- Happiness: to love and be loved.
- We love to know we are not alone.
- There is no remedy for love but to love more.
(12.5" tall x 14.5" wide)
The engraved text on the note board:
My god, it's a beautiful and curious sight:
two persons moving through the world and time together.
My favorite position: walking behind a couple,
watching as they make their way down the sidewalk, side by side.
if you're interested in this piece and would like to know more about it.